Statement of faith
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired word of God, inerrant in the original documents, and is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the Universe. He eternally exists in three personalities: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are coequal and are one God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, yet born of a virgin. Jesus lived a sinless life and offered Himself as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on the cross. He rose bodily from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory, where He intercedes on our behalf and will return again at a time known only to the Father to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lord.
- The Holy Spirit is coequal with the Father and the Son. He is present in the world to make all people aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christ-follower from the moment of salvation and gives them a spiritual gift(s). He provides the Christ-follower with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing right. As Christ-followers we seek to live under His control daily.
- People are made in the image of God and are the supreme object of God’s creation. Every member of the human race is marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God, which God calls “sin”. This separates us from God. Forgiveness and restoration are wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace, through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- All people everywhere can receive God’s gift of Salvation by trusting that Jesus will restore them to God when they confess their sin, turn in repentance from their sin and decide to turn control of their life over to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. It is to such persons that we ascribe the term “Christ-follower”.
- The Universal Church is a living organism of all Christ-followers. The Universal Church is known as The Body of Christ and is united in Him through grace, and to one another in His love through the Holy Spirit. The Universal Church transcends all denominations and organizations.
- The local church is an organized group of missional Christ-followers who voluntarily and regularly gather together to develop strategies for world evangelism, to embrace and love one another, educate each other to grow in Christ-likeness, to equip each other for effective spiritual service, and in all this to exalt God. Christ is the centre of all service and to Him goes all glory. The local church is led in all matters of doctrine, governance and faith by its Elders.